Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Superbowl Party

We were actually really excited to watch the Superbowl this year. This is a first for us at our house. Neither of us are football fans and have never followed the sport. For some reason this year we did, and we did it together as a family. C and I would each pick a team to cheer for and we would watch. I have to admit it was fun. I would never sit down and watch a game by myself, (BORING!) but together it was actually fun. We watch all the way through the playoffs and we were excited about the teams going to the big game. I had picked the Saints and C was pulling for the Colts.
The day of the big game we made a big deal out of it. Planned a family Superbowl party. I made all kinds of traditional football game foods. (being snowed in and bored and all I had plenty of time on my hands).
I made White Chicken Chili,BBQ Wings, and 7-layer dip. For desserts I made Raspberry Cheesecake Bars (see the cooking blog for the recipe...yes Wendy, I fixed the ingredient list Sorry!) and Karli's Choc PB Cookies. (delicious!)
Ry wasn't really into the football game, but he did watch some of it. Mostly he was excited about the cookies as you can see...

No comments: