Sunday, February 7, 2010

Soccer Star

Sorry, I've been seriously lacking in posts lately. Since we are snowed in this weekend I am going to try and get a few things posted.

Ryan started his sports career finally. We made his debut in Soccer. I'd like to pretend that this was calculated, but honestly it's just the first time I actually found a team registration before it closed. Unfortunately Ryan was given parents who have no clue when it comes to sports. I don't know about the seasons, who plays and when? So trying to get him involved in sports has been quite a challenge. I signed him up at the YMCA for their indoor soccer. He is having fun with it. Our attendance so far has been somewhat spotty. We missed his first game, due to a schedule change, which I can't really decide whose fault it was, we arrived just after the game ended. Then we missed last week while we were visiting my sister in AZ. We have a game today, but because of the mountain of snow outside, I don't know if it's still on. We shall see.

So here are a few photos of my Soccer Star!

He is pretty good at handling the ball in motion.



He actually talks to the girls on his soccer team, which is progress because at school he DOES NOT!


The coach taught them to stop the ball, this is his interpretation. It's like he's doing the "freeze" thing.

No comments: