Sunday, June 13, 2010

School days

During one of my parent volunteer days I took some pictures of Ry at school. Ry's school is a Montessori school so the push they kids to be self sufficient and independent. Here is Ry during snack time. As the mother of an only child I generally just do everything for Ryan, partly out of impatience and partly because it just doesn't dawn on me to let him do it himself. (This was one of the main reasons I choose this school. We needed an intervention!)
So imagine my surprise to watch him during snack time. They have a really impressive little set-up, including a wash tub to wash their hands before, the snack is set up in bowls to serve themselves, then a clean up station. It's out so they can choose when to have snack. There are 6 long bead necklaces, you put on a necklace and that says it's your turn.
Washing up
Serving himself
On the white board it tells them how much they can take,
3 pretzels, 1/2 glass of juice, 3 scoops of applesauce.

Enjoying snack time with friends
My son washing dishes!
Ry and his best friend washing dishes together
So cute!


Ry's favorite thing to do during recess, the bikes! He is so his father's son!
(It was silly hat day, he's wearing his Mario hat!)





And finally here is my boy doing some "work", and with a girl!


No comments: