Monday, June 14, 2010

Look Ma no training wheels!

(Okay, I think I am finally caught up. This post actually happened this weekend. June 12, 2010)

Daddy took the training wheels off Ry's bike about 2 months ago. They spent about 5 minutes that day trying to ride with out the t.w. and Ry quit. He said it was too hard and he has not wanted to try ever since. I tried to talk C into putting the training wheels back on because I felt so much safer with them on. (Over-protective much? yeah, I know) But, he wouldn't, said Ry was ready. C just kept asking Ryan if he wanted to go out and practice, to which Ry would say "No thanks, I want to ride my scooter. He's gotten really good at that scooter, which actually I think helped give him that sense of balance.
Saturday early afternoon after a little extra coaxing C talked Ryan into going out to give a try one more time. I kid you not, fifteen minutes later he came back in and said they had something to show me. I was so impressed. He totally got it. He was so proud of himself, and we were too!

Next up teaching him to tie his shoes....



No comments: