Saturday, June 20, 2009

Home improvement


About a month ago we jumped in with both feet on some home improvement. We painted the whole downstairs, the kitchen is now green and yellow, the family room is beige and the living room/computer room is red. Then we put up crown molding in the living room/computer room, and we did it by our selves. The last thing we wanted to do was put up backsplash tile in the kitchen. This was something I wasn't willing to attempt myself. (Honestly, I thought we were nuts to do the crown molding, but actually that wasn't that bad!) We found someone to do the tile and it was put up yesterday. I could not be more thrilled. It turned out beautiful! Check it out:
this is the beige Family Room


This one is from the day we painted the red in living/computer room, you can see the furniture all in the center of the room, plus this is what it looked like before the crown molding.
Oh, and the green in the kitchen.

View of the red living/computer room with the crown molding in.


And finally some shots of the kitchen with the new tile.
I love it!


Granted the big kudos to the guy who installed it, but I think we did a pretty good job at picking it out!

2 comments:

Linny said...

looks great! I wish i had a house to decorate!

wendy_d23 said...

It does look good. Can you come do mine next?