Friday, May 23, 2008

Wii

In my house it was pretty much inevitable that Ryan was going to play video games, much to my chagrin. His dad is a “gamer”. In the past, I have been less than enthusiastic when my husband wanted to get a new video game. He mostly played online PC games, but has had various console video game system at different times as well. It has never been something I was into. All that changed last year when we got the Wii by Nintendo.
I love it! We play together as a family. I play it alone after Ryan has gone to bed. I took it home to Seattle, which prompted JuJu’s family to get one. It is great. I love the fact that even though I have always sucked at video games I can do fairly well at this one, even beat my husband at several games. Plus my three year old can play the games. Nothing is more frustrating then trying to explain to a small child that they just don’t posses the coordination required to play most of these other games. It's not a problem with the Wii.

Here is Ryan playing our newest game, “Mario Kart”






The next game on the list to buy was the "Wii Fit". I have been anxiously awaiting the release date, which was May 21st. (Yesterday) I went to Best Buy on my lunch hour to get it, naively thinking it would be early enough that they should still have a few copies. Negative! I tried 3 other places, no dice! Everyone asked, "did you reserve a copy?" Well, no my husband said there was no need to. Unfortunately, that was a bad call on his part. One place told me it will be two weeks before they have any more. I'm very disappointed. Hopefully I don't have to wait that long. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Linny said...

it looks like Ryan is better at Mario Kart than I am!