Friday, May 2, 2008

My Big Truck Book


My Son never ceases to amaze me.  Tonight for one of his bedtime
stories we read this book, "My Big Truck Book" by Roger Priddy.
(I highly recommend it for anyone who has a child that 
loves trucks, not much on story, but great pictures!)

As I pointed to the various pictures he named the trucks.
He knew which one was a Backhoe versus a Bulldozer or a Tractor.
He knew which one was the "Airport Fire Truck" as 
opposed to the regular Fire Truck.  
I mean, yes, we've read this book many times, 
but not for a few months.  Yet, he still remembers.
He was able to name most of the trucks in the book.  
I know I'm biased, and I try to refrain from the
"My kids a genius" mentality, but he really
impresses me.  He has them most incredible memory.
Below are some of the pictures he named.  



  
              
(Sorry the pictures are so bad.  I took them with my phone, and even though the iPhone 
is the greatest invention ever, it's not the best at close-up shots.)

2 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

SM has this book as well and loves it. We just got another book from the library called Truck Stuck (you should check it out) and there was a truck and I asked him what kind it was and he said "excavator." (which it was) maybe they can be partners and open up a constuction company.

Fran Ross said...

You have a smart one!! We love these books as well. We have one with dinosaurs and another one with animals.