Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Special Talents

Do you love the things you are good at or are you good at things you love? Either way I am not good at, nor do I love (or even like for that matter) yard work/landscaping. To put it bluntly I hate it and so we haven't done much landscaping around our house. We have grass, which my darling husband mows regularly, and a rock garden to the left of the front door. There was nothing under the window on the right side. We always felt it looked a little out of balance, but our distaste for yard work kept us from doing any thing about it.
I am proud to announce this is no longer the case. Last weekend we finally found the motivation to put in a planter box, or whatever you call it. We planted two shrubs and outlined it with these rock-looking things then filled it in with stones that match the other side. This may not look like much to the outside world, but for us it was a huge deal.
Karli eat your heart out!






And here's C right before he thought it would be funny to spray me while I was taking pictures
Thanks Dear!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wendy_d23 said...

those are some good looking shrubs